Sunday, May 4, 2014

First Grill Meal - A Success!

I grilled our first meal tonight on our new grill - how exciting!  It was London broil, bacon-wrapped asparagus (at Jack's request), and an arugula salad.


I did my weekly grocery shopping today, and EVERY dinner for this week is going to be grilled.  Jack's top request was hot dogs, of which I've never been a huge fan.  Does grilling them really make them that much more palatable?  I guess we'll find out, since those are planned for tomorrow's dinner.

At least hot dogs are pretty simple to grill.  My biggest worry was either over- or under-cooking tonight's dinner.  I've never really used a charcoal grill before, so the whole thing is a big mystery.  

Luckily I was able to Google London broil and bacon-wrapped asparagus recipes to get approximate grilling times, which helped a LOT.

While I was impatiently waiting for my new grill to arrive, I was looking up grilling recipes and saw that Cook's Illustrated has a book of NOTHING BUT GRILLING RECIPES.  Yeah, I ordered that immediately.  So in a few days my very own shiny copy of "The Cook's Illustrated Guide To Grilling And Barbecue" should get here, and I'll have a lot more guidance on how long to cook stuff.


See - the grill is working!  It's cooking the food, and I used it the first time without burning down the house!  NICE.


No comments:

Post a Comment