Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Art of the Brick

 On Sunday Jack and I went to see the "Art of the Brick" in Graham, NC.  It's an art show that features sculptures made entirely out of LEGO bricks.  We had a great time!

It was free to attend, and when we arrived one of the volunteers there mentioned that the Alamance Arts Council saved for years in order to be able to not charge admission to the public.  How cool is that?!

One of the features there was a video of the artist, Nathan Sawaya.  I kind of expected this video to be full of things like how many LEGO bricks this guy goes through in a year and how long it takes him to assemble each statue... stuff like that.

I actually found this video surprisingly and incredibly inspiring.  First of all, this guy used to be an successful attorney, and eventually made the leap of faith to quit his job and become an artist instead.  Wow!

Here's the video - let me know if you find it as inspiring as I did:





1 comment: